Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

unexpected gifts

Today has been one of those days that can be summed up by the word "blah".  It hasn't been a bad day, just one where I've had no energy.  Zero. Zilch. Nada.  And yet into this day of  "blah" have come two lovely, unexpected gifts. 

The first was finally a contact for a Daisy Girl Scout troop.  A troop that was technically full, but was willing to bring my daughter in, anyway.  I think this will be so good for her, without over-committing my little kindergartner (who has been fighting exhaustion too, of the adjusting-to-school kind).  Two activities a month. We can do that.  So she goes to her first meeting tomorrow.  I couldn't have been happier to get that unexpected phone call this morning.  Many thanks to my friend Lawrie, who passed my name along to the right person at the right time!

The second truly was a gift,  of the "what is this package in my mailbox?" kind.  Sweet t-shirts for my kids from one of my forever-friends. Totally unexpected, bringing me joy this afternoon that I didn't know was missing until I found it.

Into my day of "blah", God sent me gifts that reminded me of His love and care, through the love and care of my friends.  Sunshine poking through this morning's rain clouds, both literally and figuratively. 

No comments:

Post a Comment