Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

i love interlibrary loan

When you love to read as much as I do, there is no way you can 1. afford to buy every book that strikes your fancy, or 2. spend as much time perusing Amazon and my local booksellers to figure out if I really want that book or not.  And so, I have grown to truly love my local library, and inter-library loan (ILL).  Our county library system is great, they have most of the books I look for, but every few months or so I find a book or two that they do not have.  And invariably I have been able to request it through our ILL program, and miraculously it shows up at my local branch with these paper sleeves and my name on it. 

Today is another rainy September day. And what fun to have these two great titles waiting for me on the library hold shelf:   Grow Great Grub, by Gayla Trail, and Wee Wonderfuls: 24 dolls to sew and love, by  Hillary Lang.  The biggest surprise today for me was that the second book was requested from a library system in New Jersey, apparently not being available in Maryland at all, and that they will let me have it for a full 6 weeks:  this book looks NEW...as in no one before me has read it? Can this be-- a library in NJ orders this lovely book, gets it in, and immediately ships it off to me in MD? However it came to be, I am grateful. 

Wonderful to page through two gorgeous books on a rainy afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment