Here's some of my ideas, so far, gathered from near and far, blogs and magazines, books, and my very own little head.
- Glue batiks, see That artist woman's tutorial
- Tie Die t-shirts
- Nature journals...written and illustrated for the girlie, and perhaps dictated by the 3-year old?
- Fish prints
- Freezer-paper stencils
- Beach treasure bags, as found in Amanda Soule's book, Handmade Home (p.125)
- Cooking with the kids, things like homemade pizzas, salsa from our garden, bread, etc.
- Embroidery hoop sewing for the girlie
- Home-made popsicles
- Sun prints
- Farmers markets
- A water park that we've never been to (Chesapeake Beach)
- A pirate adventure (like this one)
- The beach. Of course!
- A hike to a waterfall
- Weekly trips to the Library
- Exploring museums at the Smithsonian that we've not been to before
- Finding new and fabulous playgrounds and parks
It's going to be a good summer. I can't wait.