Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

back in the swing of things

The past two weeks have been a crazy blur of extra days at work followed by 4 days away at a conference, returning just in time for Mother's day with my kids.  I got some knitting done at the conference ( a cute yellow market bag, pics coming soon) but I also had to rip out about 5 or 6 hours of work on the button bands on the sweater I've been making for me.  The sweater is already over a year in the making (cast on April 2010) so I guess a week or two more won't make a difference in the long run--except that I will be happier if the button bands don't flare out due to too many stitches picked up! 

I spent Mother's Day in the bliss of family love and one giant chocolate chip cookie iced with " I (heart) U Mommy!"  I got to put my feet up and read, and watch the kids run around and play in the yard.  And to eat Chinese food for dinner and not count how many fried cheese wontons I ate (yum).

So now it's back to "real life"...normal routines, back to the gym, time to play with the kiddos and catch up around the house.  Time to make creating a part of the daily routine again. Time to finally try some of the new recipes I've been collecting and can't wait to make. 

Everyday life really is quite wonderful, you know.  I'm glad to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment