Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

showtime--the curtain goes up!

At long last, the boy's new curtains are completed and hung! It took a lot longer than I anticipated, mainly for two reasons: 1. I couldn't manage to work on it in chunks of time any longer than 45 minutes, and 2. I spent most of the last week like a slow-moving sloth (redundant?) due to a rotten cold.  Regardless, I am so very happy. Happy that they turned out just like I imagined them, flat-felled seams and all. Happy that the boy enjoys them.  Happy that they darken his room even a little bit more for nap-time (I'll take all the help I can get). Happy that I can now move on to other projects.  I think a little sewing for Eva and Jenny (the girlie's 18" dolls). Something quick with a bit more instant satisfaction.

So, without further ado, here are the curtains:
I'll try to get a close up to show you the cute pattern on the upper panels, they're from an out-dated set of Pottery Barn Kids sheets I snagged at consignment. If I get a good image, I'll add it here later!

1 comment:

  1. they look great! i am getting ready to start on curtains for our bedroom!

    ReplyDelete