Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

can we get some more s'mores?

We had a busy weekend around here! The Daisy scout campfire was last night, so I'll leave you with a few photos from that.  The best part was helping my little girl roast her very first marshmallows, and seeing her enjoy her very first s'more.  It brought back so many memories of my own scouting days, and I look forward to teaching her some of my favorite campfire songs, from "Barges" to "The Princess Pat" and "The Billboard Song".  There will be time for that.  At 5 and 6 years old, the Daisy's were more into "Five little pumpkins" and "The Three Witches", and even "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star."

I am amazed, as I think back, to realize how much my life today truly has been influenced by my many years as a Girl Scout.  I pray that her time in scouts forms as many wonderful memories for her as I have.

Can you smell the woodsmoke? Can you taste the marshmallow ooey-gooey goodness? Mmmm....I still can.



(As for the rest of the weekend, I'll try to process those photos in the next few days...there was a baby shower for my cousin, and family photos done at a local park today, enjoying the gorgeous fall weather!)

No comments:

Post a Comment