Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter joy

Easter is one of those holidays that sneaks up on me...and never fails to bring me joy. Joy in dyeing eggs, watching kids hunt for Easter baskets, joy in church, joy in good food, and being with family.  Joy especially in what Jesus did when he died, taking the punishment from God for me, for the sins that I continue to commit daily, hourly, even minute-ly (is that a word?). Joy that He did something that intellectually I cannot understand when He rose from the dead, and joy that my heart understands and accepts and believes. Joy that I know Jesus lives because I have His Holy Spirit living in me, and joy that I know that my life is changed because of Him.



This Easter, I wish you the fullness of that joy, that Christ Jesus would live in your heart and your life as well.

He has risen, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment