Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

listen:: sandra mccracken

I haven't done a review here lately, so in lieu of a book review, some music! Sandra McCracken's "The Builder and the Architect" is one I have been listening to over and over and over. Every song draws me in, soothes me, points me to Jesus.  The songs all have a hymn-like feel, with a southern folk flavor which I just love. I can listen to it as background music while I'm reading or cooking, or can just listen, focusing in on the lyrics, each one better than the last. One of my favorites is "Grace upon Grace". You can hear it on the website link above, and here are the gorgeous lyrics. Enjoy!

In every station, new trials and new troubles
Call for more grace than I can afford
Where can I go but to my dear Savior
For mercy that pours from boundless stores.

CHORUS:
Grace upon grace, every sin repaired
Every void restored, you will find Him there
In every turning He will prepare you
With grace upon grace.

He made a way for the fallen to rise
Perfect in glory and sacrifice
In sweet communion my need He supplies
He saves and keeps and guards my life

To Thee I run now with great expectation
To honor You with trust like a child
My hopes and desires seek a new destination
and all that You ask Your grace will provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment