Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

courage, age 6

My girl is growing up, and showing me just how brave she can be...and how strong. Yesterday the Daisy Scouts went to a rock-climbing gym. I had prepped her with low expectations...you know, "try your best", "see what you can do", "if you try it and don't like it we'll leave"...really! And then we got there, got her harnessed up, and like a little monkey, up she went.  The first wall was about 20 feet up and she made it on the second try. Then she tried a harder 30 foot wall and only got about 1/2 way...but still, was awesome! I was so proud of her. And I learned a lesson...to set her up for success, next time.



















Then today, perhaps still basking in her achievement from yesterday, she announced that she was ready to have the training wheels off her bike. And did pretty well! She's not ready to ride around the neighborhood yet (or anywhere without one of us in arms reach) but she did it, riding across the cul-de-sac a bunch of times before she fell. My brave girl. I'm bursting with pride. She is amazing.



and just because he's cute...

No comments:

Post a Comment