Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

spring break fun

I feel like its been a long time since I posted last week. It's been a busy time...mostly good. I did feel like I spent about 3 days in the trenches as we fought the girlie's bronchitis/walking pneumonia at the end of last week, and I am so thankful that she is nearly completely recovered.  So spring break started a few days early for her, missing school Thursday and Friday. 

The FUN of spring break started yesterday, however, with Grandma taking the kids to the U.S. Naval Academy (I was working).  The report I got was: "We saw cannons, and boats, and a kayaker, and great-grandpa." (Great-grandpa's picture is up in their athletic hall of fame, he was an Olympic gymnast and a USNA grad). 

Today's fun was (yet another) trip to the Natural History museum in D.C.  The girlie was only a little put out that we went a couple weeks ago without her.  So we saw dinosaurs, and mummies, taxidermied animals and lots of skeletons, African artifacts, and lots of other cool stuff.  The crocheted coral reef was still there (it goes somewhere else next week) so we saw that again, too.   And then we finished the day, above, with our ice-pops on the mall. Joy!

Stay tuned for more spring break adventuring...

No comments:

Post a Comment