Sunday, November 21, 2010

the reconstructed quilt...and other weekend projects

So about a month ago (!) I started "re-making" a quilt I had bought for my little guy's big boy bedroom. It was perfect...bright and all about things that GO...just the thing for my boy.  Perfect the consignment store, bundled with a bunch of car and truck Pottery barn sheets.  Perfect...except, it was TOO BIG.  It was a full/queen size, and just too big for the little guy's twin bed. cut apart (gasp!) and reconstruct. 

It took longer than expected (this really should be no surprise) but came out great!  Making that first cut was oh-so-scary.  And then there were the long hours of matching seams, doing what could be done on the machine, and then lots and lots of hand-sewing:  the batting had to be basted together, and the seams on the back and along the binding all had to be done by hand.  But I am so very pleased with the result... and I hope to show you what I did with the remnants in the next few days.

So without further are the photos:

this was the scary part!


Also finished this weekend... baby sweater #2.  It had been done for quite a while, but needed the ends woven in and the button sewn on.  All ready to go to its new owner, little baby Luke.  It will fly across the ocean with Grandma and Grandpa as they travel to Naples later this week. (I'll post photos once I know it has arrived!).

Hopefully with the holiday week, I'll be back to posting more frequently!

No comments:

Post a Comment