Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

ennui

Wow...it's been a while. I have started writing a blog post several times and each time decided it wasn't really what I wanted to say. I even was pondering stopping this blogging thing...wrote that post, and then immediately had regrets and deleted it! So here goes:

First, nothing is wrong. I haven't stopped writing for any major reason other than ennui.

Ennui: noun a feeling of utter weariness and discontent resulting from satiety or lack of interest; boredom.

I want to keep blogging. Its a great way for me to remember things our family does and the crafts and baking that I do. I love to share those things with family and friends and blog readers from near and far.  But I also want to go a bit deeper with you, my readers. The reality is that I'm a little bored with reporting the same kinds of events and activities over and over.

The other part of this is that there is so much of me and what goes on in my life that has NO tangible product, nothing I can neatly photograph and post. As an introverted, introspective person, so much happens inside my head that I feel like there is a whole other level of my life that you see nothing of, at all. And I want to change that. I am a thinker, and a Christian, and I am constantly learning and struggling and striving in my daily life to reflect that. I'm still trying to figure out if there is a place for those ponderings here on Live.Read.Create.Thrive! or if I would be better served to put those ponderings on another page.As I continue to process that, I'll keep you posted! :)

So that's what's going on. In the meantime, there are some posts that should be upcoming: one with photos of the preschool field trip that I didn't get to go on (because of work) but that my little buddy's wonderful Grandma did get to enjoy with him. I just have to hijack the photos from her!  The other one is that my girlie and her scout troop are taking a horseback riding lesson Saturday. Which will probably result in 16 horse-crazy second and third graders! Should be good fun as long as the weather holds out. My sewing machine has been calling me, and I've been knitting like crazy for a sweet little girl who arrived yesterday, a full 5 weeks early! There is still plenty of life to blog about around here, and so I shall.

No comments:

Post a Comment