Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

back to school

School started Monday. The girlie is off to 2nd grade this year, and my boy is in his second year of preschool, now going MWF from 9-2. They both had great first days! The little guy has the same teacher at preschool as last year, which is wonderful. And my girl is loving her new teacher, Mrs. P., and is enjoying lots of her good friends in her class as well as making lots of new friends! I have a really good feeling about this year.

The traditional front porch photo. 2nd grade and 4yr pre-K.
This was last years! 1st grade and 3yr pre-K





















 I could make all the typical expressions of "where has time gone?" and "look how big they've gotten" and "I can't believe school is here already". And they'd all be true. There is something nice about getting back into a routine, though. We had a really wonderful summer, with lots of vacationing and day trips and pool time and play. But I love fall and back to school time for the sense of regularity that it imposes. Restarting kids activities in a few weeks, restarting my women's Bible study at church next week, renewing my weight-loss goals. Getting back to regular morning wake-up times, regular quiet times for my daily Bible reading and study. And a little more time to myself during the week, so hopefully some more sewing/knitting/creating than I've been getting done. It's good to be "back to school"!

No comments:

Post a Comment