Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

garden journal 3.20.12

It's spring! It has felt like spring for a while around here this year...at least for the past two to three weeks, but I was a bit too nervous to do much with the garden before now. But now its officially Spring! Hoping to get down to D.C. to see the cherry blossoms with the boy tomorrow (may have to bribe him with time in the Smithsonian but thats fine too!). Today, though, I picked up my last few seed packets and am trying to figure out my garden layout so I can get the early stuff in: scallions, carrots, peas, lettuce.

On Sunday, hubby and I turned the soil, and added 2 bags of Leaf-Gro compost to each bed (1 bag/16 sq feet) which seemed about right.  Strawberry plans from last year are growing well and hopefully will produce more fruit this year.  Now to get moving! This is where my garden is this afternoon:
On paper, in my head, on the computer screen, and in lots and lots of seed packets. I'll need to buy my tomato seedlings but not for a couple months yet. Hopefully I'll get the plan made today, and seeds in the ground by tomorrow. Hurrah for Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment