- KEEP CHRIST FIRST AND FOREMOST...in my own mind, in my kids hearts, in light of all the other items below!
- Christmas cookie baking: must include Harlequins, Great grandma's butter cookies, Chocolate chips, press cookies, and probably several other varieties that I will be reminded of once the recipes come out.
- Gingerbread house making and decorating, with kids.
- Names sewn onto kids' stockings (note: this has been on the list for several years, this year I've at least bought the materials!).
- Christmas cards finished and mailed.
- Baby Jesus ornament made for felt advent calendar (as seen in this post) before the 24th!
- Last few decorations out of storage.
- Deciding on the Christmas schedule of when to see family and friends, and to try to do it all and see all our loved ones we can.
- Activities for this week:
- Daisy scout meeting
- Nursing home visit and Christmas party with our church home group
- Visit to the Nutcracker ballet with my girl and the Daisies
- Go see Santa! Get great photos...
- Wrap presents...thankfully most are purchased already!
- Finish Christmas knitting projects: one and a half hats to go, I think!
- Normal weekly activities: laundry, cleaning, menu planning, grocery shopping
Monday, December 13, 2010
christmas is coming...the list
Not the list for Santa, unfortunately, although if he'd send me a couple elves on loan for a few days, that would help out quite a bit on the rest of the list. The list is the one of "to-do's" percolating in my brain. Better to get it out and start making progress on it. Here goes: