Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

fall {in progress}

 I feel like I haven't been here in a very long time (10 days!)...and there have been things like kids with the stomach virus and subsequent days full of laundry and jammies and movies...but there was also a part of me that felt like, "there's just nothing interesting going on around here". But then I realized that there really is a lot in my days, and that the small blessings are gifts in themselves.

There's been quite a bit of creating going on...and I wish I could show you more, but in the interest of Christmas surprises, here is just a hint of the projects. I've been papercrafting for the first time in a very long time (trying not to think about scrapbooks left unfinished a year ago...). And there is such satisfaction in a simple project that won't take years to complete! Plus it was a great excuse to get my Cricut back out and buy a couple new cartridges for it.  I've also been trying to get some knitting in everyday...the projects are slow going and I think I have 5 (6?) unfinished projects in my basket. Oh wait. I think its 7. Sheesh. Working on the orange one below with a fury and hope to have it ready for seaming together by this weekend.

We've also been enjoying the season. Rainy days (like today) just bring out the reds so much more and I couldn't resist standing in the rain to get some pics of my Japanese Maple out front--glorious!  
 There have been nice days too, with walks in the neighborhood, usually with the boy on his "motorcycle" (Big Wheel). And meeting the girlie at the bus stop, and the joy in heading back home.
Home. Its really what fall is all about, now, isn't it? Family, and home, and comfort. Lighting candles. Baking pumpkin-flavored goodies. Snuggling all together under an afghan. Reading a good book, savoring each carefully chosen word when the prose is really just that good (more about the book in a future post!). Being together.  I am savoring each and every (un-interesting) moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment