Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

thankful

Rejoining you after a wonderful few days of family, friends, good food, and relaxing times. One of my favorite moments was creating the thanksgiving dinner place cards with my lovely girl, while watching the Macy's parade on TV and while pies were baking in the oven.



We then traveled to my Aunt and Uncle's  home for a fun evening with family,  turkey and all the traditional trimmings, and we especially enjoyed connecting with cousins.  Molly and Sam were there, from wherever the Navy has them (in transit from Hawaii to California, currently).  All of my Aunts and Uncles from my mom's side were there.  And my cousin John, and his wife, and their girls are 6 and 9. To see them building true friendship with my little girl (who is 5) was terrific. In fact, it was so much fun that we had them to our house much of the day Saturday while they were still here from Connecticut.  I love how our kids have allowed me to connect with my cousin and his wife in a new way, and I am so thankful for that.  I pray that the kids, especially the three girls, but my little guy too, will continue to be friends and stay close as family as they grow up.
I thank God for you, my family, my friends. 
You make my world richer just to have you in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment