Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

thankful

This has been a week of Thanksgiving as it should be:  family, good food, lots of fun, and thankfulness for all our blessings, big and small.  The kids made "thankful" lists on Wednesday as we prepared for the holiday, and I was delighted to see things like "frogs", "my socks", "turkeys to eat", "jumping" and "toaster strudel" end up on the boy's list (dictated to me), and the girlie's list include (spelled as she wrote them):  "anamels" (animals), "cine buns" (cinnamon buns), "Molly doll", "God", and "bouns sone" (Bounce Zone). Lots of other things too...I will treasure these lists forever.
We were all thankful to gather on Thursday with hubby's family, including his mom who has recovered from life-threatening illness this summer has been a true miracle. I cooked the turkey, made an amazing new recipe for twice baked potato casserole, did a homemade greenbean casserole with beans from the garden (no condensed soup in this one!), and made my Mom's stuffing which is a once-a-year treat for me. And with the family bringing dishes along, we did have quite a feast.



















It was well decorated by the girlie, and some crafts she had made with her Grandma and me.
Then today we continued our celebration with a visit to see one of my cousins who was in town for the holiday, and his wife and girls.  Girlie and her closest cousin would love to live less than 8 hours apart...I think they would be "BFF's" (as little girls say these days!). We visited an amazing playground and were thankful for 65 degree weather!


All in all, we have had a wonderful, THANKFUL Thanksgiving holiday. Being so thankful puts me in a great place to head into the craziness of the Christmas season, and I hope that I can hold on to the sentiment of thanks through the next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment